News Story writing Course 2023
News Story writing Course
What makes the media material a news story? What are the prerequisites for classifying any story as a story?
How many times have you heard a radio or television reporter say something like, “A woman started her own business while she was homeless.”” Such introductions are often interesting,” they keep the recipient on the lookout and invite them to continue reading.
The manufacture of news stories is not limited to the journalist or reporter, but an institution or ministry may need to prepare news stories either to conduct awareness campaigns on a topic adopted by the institution, or to gain support and spread. News stories are often the cheapest and most effective way to get your message across to the audience and, through it, to leaders and decision-makers.
This course provides some guidance on how to create news stories related to your business that appeal to the media and audience, and how to persuade the media to publish or broadcast this news.
The general objective of the news story writing course
The course aims to teach the basics of writing a news story and how to turn ideas, Incidents, and events into news stories.
Detailed objectives of the news story writing course
• Learning about the basic rules for writing news reports.
• Recognition the audience and how to deal with them.
• Revealing angles to extract hidden stories
Activities and Training Methods
• Training lecture
• Practical applications
• Panel Discussions
• Field visits
Topics of a News Story Writing Course
• Learning about the basic rules of news reporting.
• How to find ideas for news stories to write a news report or story.
• Obtaining all the facts necessary to write an integrated news report.
• How to discover hidden angles and stories in press releases and reports
• How to develop press releases by collecting additional information and finding a better angle.
• Avoiding gaps or unanswered questions.
• How to conduct interviews with accompanying news stories
• Getting the quotes you need and display them accurately.
• How to write and accomplish the specified deadlines.
Outcomes of the Course
1-How to discover hidden angles and stories in press releases and reports.
2-Discovering what will make your story new and modern
3-Working against the clock
4-Organizing a news story